Angela N Qxc

Verified Reviewer

Says my account dieys not exist

I signed up on website, was able to sign in. The payment was taken. I downloaded the app, sign in using the exact same email and password it says the account does not exist. I can get a confirmation link send to my email via the website but when I click the link it says my account does not exist. Not off to a great start and probably going to cancel unless this is resolved quickly. My email is angelanielsen84@***.com
Resolved
Kimberley J Izq

Verified Buyer

Resolved: False advertisement

Weight Watchers - False advertisement
Weight Watchers - False advertisement - Image 2
Updated by user Feb 21, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I was contacted by customer relations and given an apology for the customer service rep’s behavior And after they realized I was double charged, they refunded the money

Original review Feb 06, 2024
I received an email from Weight Watchers in September of last year. they offered different plans I went on my app I signed up.

I paid $189.96 for a year I have since been billed $12 a month I contacted customer service The first lady I spoke lady I spoke with said I would be reimbursed and someone would be in contact with me. That didnt happen the second one, her name was Heather. She was extremely rude and unprofessional. I couldnt get a sentence out She would talk over me she would not let me continue what I was saying.

she told me to send an email to Customer Support with the receipt from team WW which I did that shows that I paid $189.96. Then she said somebody would be in touch with me when I asked when she said she didnt know. She just hung up on me.

I have been a Weight Watchers Customer since the 90s, I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my life. If this is the way Weight Watchers is going forward I will make sure that every social media I have knows about this.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Disrespectful
  • Deceitful
  • False advertisement

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: according to the customer service representative, I spoke with today Heather they have an online app and a digital app. I know nothing about it online app. She basically told me I was lying I would say stay away from them this all about the money.

Dawn S Aki

| map-marker Hamburg, New York

Receipt needed Please

I joined weight watchers August 2023 until February 2024. Can you please send me my receipt to submit to my insurance company. Thank you. I no longer have access to my account and I didn't realize I would need this.
map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

They have no clue

I wanted to try the new medicine program and signed up for it through the WW website

A consultation appointment with the doctor was set up.

Down hill from there

On the day of the appointment I found out my WW membership was cancelled, I could not get into my membership and called customer service the first person advised me she needed to transfer me to the care team because she could not figure out what was going on the second person should be doing a job without human interaction, she made me feel stupid and was rude and pretty much told me to shut up so she could explain and then proceeded to pretty much still call me stupid. I had enough after that .. I pretty much never want anything to do with WW ever again.

User's recommendation: Until they have all the tech glitches worked out stay away

map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Pay us but don’t pay us

This company is ridiculous. Its a business .

With all business money talks. They dont have the option of just paying one lump sum for services. Money is not the issue, they are just silently in the background month after month billing you after cancelling their services. You would think a company financially in trouble would jump at the chance at getting all their money up front.

We dont accept manual payments.

Its not manual they have my financial info up front. The odd thing is if I were to disable that payment info they would want their balance paid.

I dont understand the logic. Im not asking for a refund.

User's recommendation: Watch a YouTube video and he the info for free

Guest

Their business model isn’t set up to receive payment all at once for that length of time. That is their decision as the own the business.

When you were considering the purchase their payment options were presented to you. If they did not need your needs, you should not have enrolled. If you disabled the payment type, closed the credit account or stopped payment, there is probably a fee similar to a returned check fee they would add.

If it continued to be denied they would simply add on fees and penalties after it was sent to collections. Try it and find out.

Dontranice E

My membership is not letting me get on the workshops

I've been trying to call weight watchers for 3 days to speak to a live person. It's rings and hangs up. So disappointing

Preferred solution: My membership and workshop working!

Jose D Cqm

Cancellation

WW allows you to cancel your membership but they will continue billing you for the entire year. Do not expect much help from the Resolution Department. Stay away from Weight Wachers!!!
Cons:
  • Cancellation policy

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not become a member!!!!!

Patricia K Xkg

Almost 2 hours on hold

I was on hold for almost 2 hours-that's unacceptable!! When someone finally answered the call, they weren't able to cancel the Sequence service offered by weight watchers. She gave me a website that didn't allow me to cancel so that was a total waste of my time.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Program is excellent-no cons

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: forget the sequence service and drugs

Faith L Qwe

Need to cancel

I am very sick and need to change my diet. Cant use the WW app anymore. NNNNN mnnnnn ooooo wwwww aaaa

Victoria D Tmi

How to get points

I just joined the 10.00/month plan. Tried to download app and it wants another $23.00/month is this only way to get the list of foods and their points?

Preferred solution: I need to get the list of foods with their points

User's recommendation: I only gave 1 star for refund because it doesn’t apply to me

Joyce A Pbr

New app

The new app is terrible. I have been having the same issue since the redesign. Two weeks now it is way more difficult to log in. It has been since the change. My response we are working to correct it WW has always been supportive, I love their products now they are no longer available from the app. We can get WW food items at Retail stores. . Its never seemed to be only about the almighty dollar! Well that certainly has changed in the last year. $$$. What about customers satisfaction! It works dont change it. Your COO, marketing and CEO better wake up. Quit pushing drugs now
Pros:
  • Comeadarie at group meetings
Cons:
  • Headquarters

Preferred solution: The feeling that the bigwigs have a heart and not just a $ agenda

User's recommendation: The plan does wore. The care from headquarters is “ GIMME YOUR MONEY”

Barbara C Mty

| map-marker Statesville, North Carolina

Re-open in person location

The Statesville NC in person meeting location has closed and I am unable to travel to out of town locations. Virtual meetings do not work for me as I need in person accountability. Any chance of another Statesville location opening any time soon ?
Loss:
Pros:
  • In person classes worked very well
Cons:
  • Non reliable follow-through

Preferred solution: An acknowledgment of my concern and some type explanation for offering something that is no longer available in the area is signed up for.

User's recommendation: Be aware that just because Weight Watchers offers in person meetings for those who prefer and pay for one on one classes does not guarantee you will receive this service. Plus, there is an additional charge for in person classes. Some people, including myself, are unable to travel out of town to another area especially when it takes longer to get there than the meeting lasts.

Francille A Fcg

| map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

Change payment method and date

Want to make sure my payment method is up to date and to change autopay date. Why is it so hard to speak to an actual person? Its ridiculous of what you have to go through just to chat online

User's recommendation: Can’t talk to a human

Linda D Lhm

Outraged by weight watchers lack of compassion.

I have been a lifetime member for some time. I missed a weigh in and was charged.

I called to explain that we had a family emergency and could the charged be removed. I explained that my 15 year old grandson was rushed to the emergency room, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and admitted to the hospital in order to get him stabilized. His sisters are 10 year old twins, I was taking care of them so his parents could remain at the hospital with him.

There was a lot going on, even after discharge, the start of school and helping with my grandchildren. I was basically told too bad, you didnt show up, you pay.

Of course it was worded a little better since they are reading a script. The representative didnt even ask how he was doing!!!Talk about the lack of compassion and money hungry group. You keep closing sights making it more difficult to get a time that works. I will definitely warn anyone who plans on joining to BEWARE!!!

As a life time member, I dont have to pay until I miss a weigh in, then LOOK OUT!!!

I immediately withdrew my membership when this happened. Im an RN and worked a lifetime with compassion.

Weight Watchers should be ashamed of themselves for this behavior. Once again I will warn anyone that considers joining to beware of this money hungry group and total lack of compassion!!!

I will post my story anywhere I can to warn others!!!

Loss:

Preferred solution: Apologies!!!! Won’t change my feelings regarding this issue!!

User's recommendation: BEWARE!!!!

Guest

No One Cares about your lame excuses or how you ran your little life. But don't fret, pull your agreement, show them the "life happens and requires compassion" clause and you should be fine. IF you don't have that, it's time to put your mind where it should be which is the kid and not money.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2429298

Could not agree more. I’m not a superstitious person, but it always feels a little cringe when people use other family member’s medical issues to escape responsibility from something.

View more comments (1)
Almond Ocp

| map-marker Grand Rapids, Michigan

Sat on the phone for over 1/2 waiting to talk with someone...majorly unacceptable.

Greatest complaint: After being a lifetime member for over 30 years someone changed my weight goal in the last few months and I am not a lifetime member anymore. It happened while I attended the month required meeting during the end of Aug.

or early Sept.

I also am being charged a monthly fee because I didn't "meet my goal.," that is, the one that it just got changed to.

I sent a message about this issue and never got a call back or message in response

Just now been on hold (phone) for over 1/2 waiting to talk with someone...majorly unacceptable. I finally ended the call because could not listen to another round of their horrible advertisements in between the elevator music.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Great eating program
Cons:
  • Fewer options of weekly meetings

User's recommendation: Be aware

Guest

You should give up after 30 years.

Resolved
Dax Scm

| map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Resolved: I am being charged for something I didn't use or never used.

Updated by user Oct 05, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I called them.

I had tried before but they make it impossible to find out to get out of that mess. They used to be good, but now . .

. You know how it goes.

Original review Sep 05, 2023
I joined and then I got sick. I worked to talk to someone to no avail. I sent my scale back and they continued to bill me. Plus in the beginning I worked hard to find a phone number online, to no avail. I want everyone to know to join another weight loss company because this one is unrealiable.

About

Summary

Weight Watchers is a company offering weight management programs. Weight Watchers present variety of options to get back on track trimming extra kilos starting with plans from just $5 per week. Made to order weight loss plans offer fitness routine specific to clients long-term goals. Weekly calls with Oprah are another add on of Weight Watchers program. Smart Points feature of Weight Watchers program allows customers to keep an eye on calories intake along with other members creating a healthy firm ground for a new life style.

Weight Watchers reviews and complaints

Weight Watchers is ranked 36 out of 276 in Weight Loss, Diets and Training category

Area Served

USA

Payment Methods

DiscoverMasterCard

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article